We’re pleased to announce another competition on Holiday Scottish Highlands and Islands. This time we’re giving away a beautifully illustrated book about the Inner and Outer Hebrides by the wonderful Mairi Hedderwick. It’s easy to enter so just carry on reading to find out what you need to do.
In the book “An Eye on the Hebrides”, Mairi Hedderwick embarks on a six-month-long journey to 40 islands from Arran to Lewis, recounting her pilgrimage around the archipelago of the Western Isles with which she has had a lifelong love affair. Filled with wit and wisdom that is matched by her spell-binding illustrations, Mairi Hedderwick portrays the islands in all their diversity, with swift and perceptive cameos of everyday life drawn with humor and affection alongside gorgeous landscapes which capture the truly magical beauty of the Hebrides.
Follow and retweet – All you have to do is click on “Follow us” and retweet on the tweet below to enter.
— Holiday Highlands (@holidayhighland) 13 June 2017
Find out more about the Hebrides
The Inner and Outer Hebrides are well-worth exploring and we have lots of insider tips from local people about what to see in Scotland plus some wonderful accommodation options whether you want to visit the Outer Hebrides which includes the Uists, Harris and Lewis, or the Inner Hebridean islands such as the Isle of Skye or the Isle of Mull.
Can’t wait for the competition to close?
You can buy “An Eye on the Hebrides” from:
Terms and conditions
- Twitter prize draw competitions are open only to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 and over as at the time of the competition opening.
- All entries must be received by midnight on 16 August 2017 (UK time).
- Only one entry per person per prize draw competition will be accepted.
- Each entrant shall enter the prize draw via Twitter only, in the way of following us and retweeting the above message promoted by us at 05:45 on 13 June 2017.
- Obscene or inappropriate entries will not be accepted and we reserve the right to reject any entries for any reason at its sole discretion.
- The winner will be selected at random.
- The winning prize is An Eye on the Hebrides by Mhairi Hedderwick book as shown above.
- The promoter will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries. The promoter takes no responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, the promoter shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions, the prize draw competition or any prize for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by a participant even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the participant and the promoter and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
- Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Where a prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize for a prize of equal or higher value.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the promoter’s reasonable control, the promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the prize draw competition or these terms and conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice.
- The promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s twitter username will be posted on our Twitter feed after the winner has been selected.