Back-Roads Touring offers you a small-group holiday on luxury mini-coaches which enable you to explore the scenic back roads avoiding motorways. They won 2015 & 2016 Best Small Coach Holiday Company at the British Travel Awards.
If you want to travel in a small group of up to 18 passengers on a luxury mini-coach, have authentic experiences and stay in hand-picked boutique accommodation Back-Roads Touring has a selection of coach trips exploring the Scottish Highlands and Islands at a relaxed pace.
A Scottish Journey 2018
If you want to get a real feel for all that Scotland has to offer, Back-Roads Tours “A Scottish Journey” showcases all that Scotland has to offer. On this holiday you will experience Scotland’s natural beauty in incredible mountains and picturesque lochs. You will also see historic landmarks including cliff-top castles and hideaway villages. Infamous battles and inexplicable legends. This tour covers cities by the coast and the spectacular Hebridean islands of Skye and Mull. Of course, you will also have the change to sample a dram or two and learn more about Scotland’s famous drink at a whisky talk and tasting.
The tour price includes entrance fees to various visitor attractions and historical sites.
Orkney & The Highlands 2018
The Orkney islands are renowned for their natural beauty and are home to many amazing archaeological wonders and historical sites with a connection to the Vikings.
On this short tour you will stay on the Orkney Islands for two nights and visit some of Orkney’s famous historical sites such as Maeshowe Tomb, Skara Brae, Ring of Brodgar and the Brough of Birsay and enjoy a whisky tasting. You will also travel through the Scottish Highlands countryside and along it’s stunning coastline.
More info: Sutherland Caithness
Fully booked or not what you’re looking for?
We have more self-catering apartments, cottages and lodges plus B&Bs and hotels in Sutherland and Caithness. Start your search right here:
Plan your trip to Sutherland
- If you like walking, check out Caithness & Sutherland – 40 Coast & Country Walks – Read our review of our favourite walk books.
- Ordnance Survey maps with free mobile download – various options available for the Kinlochbervie region from Ordnance Survey and Amazon
Local tips for things to do in Sutherland
- Things to do in Sutherland, Scotland suggested by Catriona from Culgower B&B
MORE INFO ABOUT INVERNESS, LOCH NESS & BLACK ISLE
- Ordnance Survey maps with free mobile download – various combinations available for the North Kessock and Black Isle area from Ordnance Survey and Amazon
- Loch Ness, Inverness, Black Isle and Affric: 40 Favourite Walks - Read our review of our favourite walk books