This semi-detached cottage is located near the village of Lochaline, in the Scottish Highlands and can sleep six people in three bedrooms.
5 Larachbeg is a lovely 100-year-old workers cottage nestled alongside the River Aline, near the village of Lochaline in Scotland.
On the ground floor is a cosy lounge with a woodburning stove. A simple kitchen has everything you need to prepare some home-cooked meals including a dining area.
The ground floor is complete with a bathroom including a bath and an electric shower. There is also a separate shower room with a walk-in shower. Outside you will find off-road parking and an enclosed courtyard with a shed which you can use for storage. There’s also an enclosed garden at the rear.
- 2 x double
- 1 x twin
- Oil central heating
- Woodburning stove
- Washing machine
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire/stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, stairgate and highchair available
- Off-road parking
- Enclosed courtyard with furniture and shed, through to enclosed garden at rear
- Three well-behaved dogs welcome
- No smoking
5 Larachbeg is a few miles from the village of Lochaline which is at the mouth of the sea loch on the Morvern Peninsula. The village has a shop/post office, snack bar, hotel and seafood restaurant. Divers will be interested to know there is also a dive school. There is easy access by car-ferry to the beautiful Isle of Mull which makes a great day trip with its stunning scenery and beaches. Keep an eye out for dolphins on the crossing too!
The Highland town of Fort William is only an hour’s drive away. There you can explore the Nevis Range; ride the Gondola to 2150ft beside Ben Nevis, visit the distillery, stroll along mountain footpaths and ski in the winter.
More holiday accommodation in Fort William and Lochaber
Fully booked or not what you’re looking for?
We have more self-catering apartments, cottages and lodges plus B&Bs and hotels in Fort William and Locahaber. Start your search right here:
Plan your trip to Fort William and Lochaber
- Fort William and Lochaber: 40 Favourite Walks is available from Amazon and includes walks in Glencoe, Glen Nevis, Ardnamurchan and Moidart. Read our review of our favourite walk books
- Other walk books are also available on Amazon.
- Ordnance Survey maps with free mobile download are available from Ordnance Survey or Amazon
Local tips for things to do in Fort William and Lochaber
Essential info for your holiday in the Scottish Highlands and Islands
- Special offers for your holiday in the Scottish Highlands and Islands
- Scotland travel: How to travel to Scotland
- Best beaches in Scotland: Highlands and Islands
- Can you see the Northern Lights in Scotland?
- Midges in Scotland: how to prevent midge bites (& stop midge bites itching)
- Do you need a passport to go to Scotland?
- Things you need to take wildlife watching