Instead of spending money on a holiday, you could swap your home for a holiday in someone else’s home. This could save you £100s or £1000s each year. Why go on holiday and leave your house empty, when you could use your home to “pay” for your holiday instead.
Travel in confidence to recommended homes – the average star rating for our members’ trips is 4.8 out of 5.
How does a home swap work?
Basically you find a home you’d like to stay in and if the owners like your house too, you’ve sorted yourself a free holiday! You stay in their house and they stay in yours. Home swaps or exchanges can happen at the same time or on different dates. Some people even arrange to swap cars.
What if you can’t find a match for the dates and location you want?
Don’t worry as Love Home Swap, allow you to go at different times and you also have the option to pay your host with points. This means you don’t need to swap which gives you lots more flexibility about when and where you go on holiday. Find out more about the points scheme.
Where can you go?
There are house exchanges in the Scottish Highlands and Islands but also across the UK and all over the world so you aren’t just limited to Great Britain.
Want a 2-week free trial?
Love Home Swap are offering a 2-week free trial which gives you a great opportunity to try out this fantastic idea. If you decide you want to continue your membership, it costs from only £12 a month which is a small amount of money compared to the cost of a 2-week holiday rental.
If you have children and need to take your breaks in the school holidays, think how much money you could save by swapping with other families.
Find out more or sign up for your free trial on the website.
Offer ends 31 August 2017.
More info: Sutherland Caithness
Fully booked or not what you’re looking for?
We have more self-catering apartments, cottages and lodges plus B&Bs and hotels in Sutherland and Caithness. Start your search right here:
Plan your trip to Sutherland
- If you like walking, check out Caithness & Sutherland – 40 Coast & Country Walks – Read our review of our favourite walk books.
- Ordnance Survey maps with free mobile download – various options available for the Kinlochbervie region from Ordnance Survey and Amazon
Local tips for things to do in Sutherland
- Things to do in Sutherland, Scotland suggested by Catriona from Culgower B&B
Fully booked or not what you’re looking for?We have more self-catering apartments, cottages and lodges plus B&Bs and hotels in the Cairngorms and Aviemore. Start your search right here:
Plan your trip to the Cairngorms National Park
- Aviemore and the Cairngorms: 40 Shorter Walks – Read our review of our favourite walk books
- Ordnance Survey maps with free mobile download – various options available for the Cairngorms National Park from Ordnance Survey and Amazon
Local tips from Andi at the Cairngorm Reindeer CentreAndi, a herder at the Cairngorm Reindeer Centre, shares her top tips for what to see and things to do in Aviemore and the Cairngorms National Park plus some gorgeous reindeer photos.
MORE INFO ABOUT INVERNESS, LOCH NESS & BLACK ISLE
- Ordnance Survey maps with free mobile download – various combinations available for the North Kessock and Black Isle area from Ordnance Survey and Amazon
- Loch Ness, Inverness, Black Isle and Affric: 40 Favourite Walks - Read our review of our favourite walk books
MORE INFO ABOUT ULLAPOOL, ASSYNT & EASTER ROSS
Fully booked or not what you’re looking for?We have more self-catering apartments, cottages and lodges plus B&Bs and hotels in the area. Start your search right here:
- Holiday accommodation in Ullapool, Assynt & Easter Ross
- Holiday accommodation in Gairloch & Torridon