Myrtle Cottage is a traditional stone cottage in the Cairngorms National Park offering seclusion in a scenic location. You will have the chance to truly relax and this holiday cottage is ideal if you enjoy being outdoors and wildlife watching. Red squirrels visit the feeders in the garden.
On the ground floor there is a typical cottage sitting room and you can sit and relax by the woodburner. The kitchen is well-equipped so after a day out exploring the hills you can come back and enjoy a home-cooked meal in the dining area.
The bathroom is also on the ground floor and has a bath with a shower over, basin and WC.
The two double bedrooms are on the upper floor and you can enjoy views of the mountains from the large bedroom windows.
Picture yourself sat outside this cottage, listening to the sounds of the river below and the birds. Keep an eye out for the local wildlife which includes the red squirrel and roe deer.
If fishing is your passion, you can obtain fishing permits locally for the River Avon which is only 5 minutes walk from the cottage.
The Cairngorms National Park is a great place for a holiday in the Scottish Highlands with so much to do and Myrtle Cottage makes a great base whilst you explore this stunning area. Scroll down for our local tips on what to see in Aviemore and the Cairngorms.
2 double bedrooms
- Storage heaters
- Electric oven and hob
- Washing machine in utility
- TV (no reception, for DVDs only)
- Telephone on honesty box basis
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels included in rent
- Front garden with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
Fully booked or not what you’re looking for?
We have more self-catering apartments, cottages and lodges plus B&Bs and hotels in the Cairngorms and Aviemore. Start your search right here:
Plan your trip to the Cairngorms National Park
- Aviemore and the Cairngorms: 40 Shorter Walks – Read our review of our favourite walk books
- Ordnance Survey maps with free mobile download – various options available for the Cairngorms National Park from Ordnance Survey and Amazon
Local tips from Andi at the Cairngorm Reindeer Centre
Andi, a herder at the Cairngorm Reindeer Centre, shares her top tips for what to see and things to do in Aviemore and the Cairngorms National Park plus some gorgeous reindeer photos.
Essential info for your holiday in the Scottish Highlands and Islands
- Special offers for your holiday in the Scottish Highlands and Islands
- Scotland travel: How to travel to Scotland
- Best beaches in Scotland: Highlands and Islands
- Can you see the Northern Lights in Scotland?
- Midges in Scotland: how to prevent midge bites (& stop midge bites itching)
- Do you need a passport to go to Scotland?
- Things you need to take wildlife watching