This Isle of Lewis holiday cottage is a beach lover’s dream with views of the breathtaking Uig sands and just over 100 yards from the beach.
Beach Bay Cottage is a unique holiday cottage inspired by neolithic design and built of natural stone with a turfed roof. It’s perched above the incredible Uig Bay with it’s dazzling white sands and turquoise sea. It makes a perfect romantic cottage for a couple and what a place to spend your honeymoon! If you’re taking the children, they’ll love the family-friendly beach less than 110 yards from the cottage.
This self-catering holiday cottage is all about the views whatever the weather. The living/dining area has a fantastic 180-degree bay window which faces the beach. Patio doors lead from the living area onto the patio where you can sit and watch the ever-changing view or eat your breakfast on a sunny morning. If you like a BBQ with a view, you’ll find it difficult to find a better location than the Beach Bay Cottage garden.
If the weather’s a bit wild, you can sit in your cosy and warm lounge, heated by underfloor central heating and a multi-fuel stove, and watch the storm passing.
For the ultimate in relaxing breaks, the cottage has it’s own two-person sauna.
- 1 x Double bedroom with 5ft bed, TV and en-suite shower room with twin basins and toilet
- 1 x Twin bedroom with TV and zip and link beds (can be 6ft double) with en-suite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, separate shower cubicle and toilet
- 2-person sauna
- Multi-fuel stove – fuel included
- Underfloor central heating
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Travel cot
- High chair
- DVD (small library)
- iPod dock
- Telephone (honesty box)
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio and furniture
- Parking (for 2 cars)
- Cycle store
- Welcome pack
- Special occasion/honeymoon hampers with local produce available by prior arrangement directly with owner
Whisky lovers will be impressed by the fact that there is a whisky distillery within 550 yards. You’ll need to travel just a few miles further for the shop. Artists and photographers will love the Hebridean light and bird watchers and wildlife enthusiasts won’t be disappointed when exploring the Isle of Lewis either. Fans of outdoor activities are well-catered for too.
15 minutes drive
Book and find out more about Beach Bay Cottage, Isle of Lewis
To book or for more info and photos, visit the website.
Plan your trip to the Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides
- If you like walking, this is a great walk book – The Outer Hebrides: 40 Coast and Country Walks (Pocket Mountains) – this book covers Barra to Lewis and includes the Isle of Lewis. Read our review of our favourite walk books.
- Ordnance Survey maps with free mobile download – various options available for the Uig and West Lewis region from Ordnance Survey and Amazon
- As you can see from the photos, there are some breath-taking beaches on Lewis and Harris and a few feature in our best beaches in Scotland: Highlands and Islands
Want to see more stunning holiday accommodation in the Scottish Highlands and Islands?
See our directory of holiday accommodation in the Scottish Highlands and Islands.